Play short bursts of steady beats on percussion instruments
Soundabout Life: Level 3 | Card: 18 | Category: Reactive
Make the patterns short, with silence in between, to give me time to think
- Tap a short, regular beat on a drum and the stop – do I react, expecting more to come?
- Does it make a difference if you tap at different speeds – slowly or quickly?
- Tap the same, simple patterns on different instruments and see if I respond more to some
- You could let me see and feel what you are doing, by placing my hand over yours
- You could try tapping small percussion instruments very gently on my arms or legs
- If you have a resonance board, let me lie on that while you tap a beat, so I can feel the patterns of vibration going through my body
- If you have one, you can make beats by tapping a microphone, linked up to an amplifier
- Try using Soundabout Music Tracks: Patterns, and gauge my responses