Find out if different sounds affect me in different ways
Little Soundabout: Level 2 | Card: 14 | Category: Me
Me: my thoughts and feelings
I may enjoy experiencing the different emotions that sounds can arouse in me
- Play or sing me a range of different sounds, and see how I react, and how consistent my responses are, but keep things simple: I may be easily overwhelmed!
- And I may need to hear a sound or a piece of music a number of times before I start to respond to it – be patient!
- If certain sounds upset me, is it possible to avoid me being exposed to them?
- Or perhaps my tolerance of them could be built up gradually
- I may well be most emotionally engaged by the sound of your voice
- Giving me the opportunities to make sounds myself may be a good way of showing you how I feel and help me learn to regulate my emotions
- You can show me that you understand how I’m feeling by copying my responses to sounds