Help me learn how patterns of movement can relate to sound
Little Soundabout: Level 3 | Card: 29 | Category: Me
Me: my body
Find me soundmakers that are suitable for the patterns of movement I can make
- Support me to use my fingers or hands to make patterns of sound with an instrument like a keyboard or autoharp, or using a touchscreen on a tablet or computer with a music program
- Show me how moving my arms steadily up and down or to the left and right can produce sequences of notes that get higher and lower
- Can I make a regular beat on a bass drum using one or both of my feet when I am lying down?
- Can I make a beat by stamping or tapping on a resonance board with my hands or feet?
- Perhaps I can nod my head or move it from side to side to operate switches or to break abeam and make a musical pattern
- If I can rock to and fro, aim a beam at me so that my movements make regular patterns in sound
- Use ideas from the Soundabout Music Tracks: Patterns resource