Make short patterns: faster and slower, louder and quieter
Little Soundabout: Level 3 | Card: 19 | Category: Reactive
Help me to realise that patterns in sound can be made through regular change; use Soundabout Music Tracks: Patterns
- Tap a beat on a drum: start slowly and get faster,and then stop, suddenly, and keep absolutely still and quiet
- See how I react – do I get more excited as the beat gets faster? Do I seem surprised when you stop?
- Now do the opposite – start fast and get slower, and then stop
- Do you hold my attention, and do I seem to be waiting for another sound once you’ve finished?
- Try making faster and slower patterns using different instruments and other soundmakers
- Do I respond in the same way, irrespective of the kind of sound you are using, or do I respond more strongly to some than others?
- I may react more strongly if you get faster and louder at the same time, or slower and quieter
- Use Soundabout Music Tracks: Patterns