Play me patterns: faster and slower, louder and quieter
Soundabout Life: Level 3 | Card: 19 | Category: Reactive
Make the changes very obvious at first to help me hear what is happening
- Tap a beat on a drum that starts slowly and gets faster; how do I react – do I get more excited as the beat gets faster?
- Stop suddenly; do I seem surprised?
- Now do the opposite – start fast and get slower, and then stop
- Do I seem to be waiting for another sound once you have finished?
- Now try making patterns that get louder or quieter – how do I react to those?
- Try making similar patterns on different instruments; do I respond in the same way, irrespective of the instrument you are using, or do I respond more strongly to some than others?
- I may react more strongly if you get faster and louder, or slower and quieter, at the same time
- Use Soundabout Music Tracks: Patterns