Make short patterns in sound that get higher or lower in pitch
Soundabout Life: Level 3 | Card: 20 | Category: Reactive
Play me simple patterns of sound on melody instruments; repeat them often
- Slowly sing five notes going up a scale, like the opening of the theme to ‘Eastenders’ several times, with silence in between
- Now just sing four notes and stop; do I react?
- You may need to do the same thing lots of times before I expect the pattern to keep going
- Try getting louder as the notes go up
- Now go into reverse and go down the scale from the top; how do I respond this time?
- Make the same pattern on a melody instrument such as a little keyboard or a recorder; suitable notes would be C, D, E, F, G or G, A, B, C, D
- Do the same thing on a xylophone or a glockenspiel, or on a string of a ukulele or guitar
- The idea is to help me realise that the same pattern can be made using different sounds
- Use Soundabout Music Tracks: Patterns